Responsible for organising, managing or delivering courses for taught postgraduates?
Trevor Day has helped hundreds of taught postgraduates enhance the power of their writing – invaluable skills they can apply throughout their careers. Trevor designs and facilitates tailor-made courses, with two-hour, half-day or one-day courses being popular. All can be transformed for the online environment as one or more 90- or 120-minute sessions.
Trevor tailors this course to specific academic disciplines. With his background as a scientific writer and social science researcher, with extensive coaching and teaching experience across faculties, Trevor has a deep understanding of different disciplinary requirements. On the course he deals with the practicalities of dissertation-planning, carrying out literature reviews, and using technologies to support document-creation. Above all, he inspires students with practical approaches for empowering their writing.
What are the best ways of going about researching and writing a literature review? Coverage includes:
- the function and requirements of a literature review
- developing an efficient literature search strategy
- planning and managing your reading and note-taking to create your literature review
- planning and managing your writing
- checking that you have fulfilled the literature review’s requirements
Reading is one of the most time-consuming aspects of academic research. Any ways of making the process more efficient yield great dividends. As an academic researcher and professional writer, Trevor Day has radically improved his own reading strategies. He shares his wide range of techniques and strategies on this course, which has already helped thousands of students and staff to enhance their reading productivity. Coverage includes:
- the true nature of reading for academic writing
- how to apply modern understanding of the reading process to make your academic reading more flexible and efficient
- how to read an academic paper in different ways to meet your specific needs at the time
- how to minimise note-taking for maximum benefit
- applying holistic strategies and techniques to enhance your reading skills and increase your productivity